When looking for lash extensions, cheapest is not always your best alternative when dealing with lash extensions. Lash extensions are an investment in yourself and is a repeat service completed regularly.
When you first get lash extensions be sure your technician has been properly trained. Also ask how long they have been doing lash extensions is helpful to know, with experience comes knowledge.
Lashes last a few weeks depending on the lash shedding cycle, care and products the lashes are exposed too. Lash extensions are usually put on lash to lash. Now there can be more than one lash per original lash, but be sure that your technician has been trained on fanning or mega lashes. If the lash gets too heavy it can break and cause breakage to the lash. Experience is key, so check for reviews on previous clients.
When you first arrive to your appointment be sure not to wear make up on or around your eye. It is best for adhesion and gives more time for the technician to work on lashing and not cleaning. You will discuss the look you pick for your lashes, there are several to pick from so be sure to discuss which is the best fit for your eye set.
Common style looks are named starting at the top: classic, open, doll or cat.
It is common to fill out a release form upon arrival and be sure to read and acknowledge the risks. If you have any allergies to resin in the past this would not be a good service for you. You would also want to get a patch test on the few corner lashes to see if you can wear lash be placed behind the ear to see if you have any reactions.
Fills are usually required every two weeks or three depending on how soon they are needed. Note the more lashes per fill the bigger the price. An average fill can run $45 – $80, depending on lashes needed, facility and experience of technician.
First 24 hours after lashes:
- Do not get lashes wet for 4-6 hours.
- Do not use a spa, sauna or pool for the first 24 hours. The extensions need that amount of time to properly bond.
- Do not touch, or mess with lashes.
- If a lash has turned, use your lash wand to correct it.
- Use oil-free products around lash area.
- Do not use eyelash curlers with your extensions. With proper application you will not need them.
- Clean lashes regularly to prevent oil and dirt build up. Clean lashes are happy lashes.
- Let lashes air dry, and brush regularly.
- Avoid mascara.
- If you must, use extension safe mascara.
A full set of lash extensions can make the appearance of your own lashes about 30-50% thicker,
and make your lashes appear 20-50% longer.
Lashes are a wonderful way to brighten up your eyes and great for weddings, pictures or just to give your eyes a lift.
You can find Christy @Posh by Christy